Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring Sew-along tops - preliminary!

So here is a really really brief post on the tops I entered into Rae's Spring Top Sew-along.

1) Blue stripes nursing top by Meagan
This is a refashion of a mens dress shirt. kept the bottom hem, and the button placket.  Pattern for top half somewhat based on AMH Mariposa Tunic. I used the yoke from the shirt to make a band along the front, and created ties from thrifted knit pajama pants.



2) Spring Flowers Tunic by Meagan
Thrifted Sheet. Simplicity 3835. We'll call this a wearable muslin.  I like the colours and the shape, however due to the fact that I'm nursing I cut this a little on the large side so it doesn't have the best fit.  Also, I noticed only after I'd started sewing, the fabric has a wear line in the center where I cut on the fold!  Oh well, it was great trying  out this pattern, and I'll absolutely use it again. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm hosting a maternity/nursing/postpartum fashion competition at www.ajennuinelife.blogspot.com. I'd love it if you entered this project in the nursing category!

    ReplyDelete